Valentine’s Day is one week from today! Are you ready? Here are a few things you can do to get your mouth ready:
- Avoid foods that can cause bad breath such as garlic, onions and curry. While these foods are believed to be healthy, they can cause a kissing disaster unless your mate participates too!
- Use lip balm frequently. The cold winter months can make your lips feel like alligator skin!
- Drink water often throughout the day. This washes food particles out of your mouth and prevents dehydration, a leading cause of foul breath.
- If you are a fan of gum or mints, try those which contain Xylitol. Unlike sugar, it’s not harmful to your teeth, and actually fights off bad bacteria.
- Mouthwash can be good, but if your mouthwash contains alcohol (as many do) be careful! It can dry out the tissues of your mouth causing damage and a characteristic bad smell.
If you are due for a dental cleaning, want to find out about tooth whitening, or have any dental questions, give us a call at 775-746-1177 and we’ll get you in the schedule! After all, you want your Cupid kisses to be as pleasant as possible, and at Dr. Pastrell’s Office, we do too!!
Filed under: Reno Dentist