Valentine’s Day is one week from today! Are you ready? Here are a few things you can do to get your mouth ready:
- Avoid foods that can cause bad breath such as garlic, onions and curry. While these foods are believed to be healthy, they can cause a kissing disaster unless your mate participates too!
- Use lip balm frequently. The cold winter months can make your lips feel like alligator skin!
- Drink water often throughout the day. This washes food particles out of your mouth and prevents dehydration, a leading cause of foul breath.
- If you are a fan of gum or mints, try those which contain Xylitol. Unlike sugar, it’s not harmful to your teeth, and actually fights off bad bacteria.
- Mouthwash can be good, but if your mouthwash contains alcohol (as many do) be careful! It can dry out the tissues of your mouth causing damage and a characteristic bad smell.
If you are due for a dental cleaning, want to find out about tooth whitening, or have any dental questions, give us a call at 775-746-1177 and we’ll get you in the schedule! After all, you want your Cupid kisses to be as pleasant as possible, and at Dr. Pastrell’s Office, we do too!!